Flat rice noodles – 200 gm
Chicken (julienne cut) – 70 gm
Medium sized prawn (without tail) – 50 gm
Red and yellow bell pepper (julienne cut) – equal volume of chicken
Garlic (small cube cut) – 4 tbsp
Peanut (roasted and semi crushed) – 1 cup
Green chilli (cut into two halves lengthwise) – 12
Onion (thin long cut) – 2 cups
Black pepper (semi crushed) – 1.5 tbsp
Salt & sugar – to taste
Butter – 8 tbsp
Sunflower oil – 3 tbsp
Chilli bean sauce – 2.5 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 1.5 tbsp
Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
Apple cider vinegar – 1.5 tsp
White vinegar – 2 tbsp
Coconut milk – 1/3 cup
Lemon – 2
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Mix chicken and prawn with white vinegar and a pinch of black pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Boil the noodles and drain the water.
3. Mix 1 tbsp of white oil with the noodles and keep aside. It will not allow the noodle threads to stick with each other.
4. Heat wok and add remaining white oil and butter to it. Tilt the wok to cover it with butter and oil. Then start adding other ingredients on high heat as directed below and continue stirring after each addition.
5. Add garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
6. Add onion and stir until light golden.
7. Add green chilli and black pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
8. Add bell peppers and stir fry.
9. Add chicken and prawn.
10. Add chilli bean sauce and dark soy sauce.
11. Add tomato sauce and mix well.
12. Add salt and pepper and adjust the taste.
13. Add peanut and mix well.
14. Add coconut milk and mix well.
15. Add apple cider vinegar and again check taste and adjust salt and sugar if required.
16. Add noodles and mix well.
17. Add lemon juice and mix well.
18. Dish out and serve hot immediately garnishing with coriander leaves and additional lemon juice sprinkled on top.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.