Chicken (small cut with bone) – 230 gm
Egg white – 0.5
Salt – to taste
Green capsicum (small cube cut) – 3 tbsp
Red/yellow bell pepper (small cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Green chilli (chopped) – 1.5 tbsp
Garlic (small cube cut) – 1.5 tbsp
Medium sized onion (petal cut) – 1
Spring onion (chopped) – 2.5 tbsp and more for garnish
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 cup and more for garnish
Black pepper (crushed) – 1 tsp
Dark soy sauce – 1.5 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1 tsp
Balsamic vinegar – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil – 5 tbsp
Salt and sugar – to taste
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients with the chicken and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Lightly fry the chicken pieces in 3 tbsp of oil and keep aside.
3. Heat wok and add the remaining oil at high heat.
4. Add onion, green capsicum, red/yellow bell pepper and garlic. Stir fry.
5. Add green chilli, black pepper. Stir fry.
6. Add coriander leaves and stir fry.
7. Add tomato sauce, dark soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Continue stir frying.
8. Add salt and sugar.
9. Add chicken and mix well so that the sauce coats the chicken well.
10. Adjust salt and sugar again if required.
11. Remove from heat and keep in a serving bowl.
12. Garnish with more spring onion and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.