Chicken leg meat (small dice cut without bone) – 150 gm
Egg white – 0.5
Corn flour – 0.5 tsp
Green chilli (chopped) – 2 tsp
Garlic (each cloves cut into three pieces) – 1 tbsp
Onion (petal cut) – 0.75 cup
Black pepper (crushed) – 0.5 tsp
Fresh basil leaves – 0.5 cup
Dark soy sauce – 2 tsp
Red wine vinegar – 1 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
Salt and sugar – to taste
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients with the chicken and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat wok and add the oil at high heat.
3. Add the marinated chicken and stir fry quickly. Stir continuously to prevent the chicken pieces stick to the wok.
4. Once the chicken takes a very light greyish color, add the garlic and stir fry.
5. After 30 seconds of stirring add the green chillis, black pepper and basil leaves. Stir fry.
6. Add onions and stir fry until a slight smoky smell comes out.
7. Add dark soy sauce and red wine vinegar. Stir to mix the sauces to the chicken.
8. Add salt and sugar. Stir well.
9. Add tomato sauce. Toss and mix well.
10. Taste and adjust the salt and sugar if required.
11. Dish out and serve hot.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.