Minced chicken – 150 gm
Flour – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1 pinch
Onion (minced) – 0.5 cup
Garlic (pasted) – 1.5 tsp
Hot bean sauce – 1.5 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
White vinegar – 0.5 tsp
Black pepper (crushed) – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil – 3.5 tbsp
Water (salted) – as required
Spring onion (chopped) – 2 tbsp
Salt and sugar (preferably custard sugar) – to taste
1. Drain the water from the minced chicken.
2. Mix 1.5 tbsp of oil, onion, garlic paste, hot bean sauce, dark soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper, salt and sugar with the minced chicken and keep aside.
3. Mix the flour, salted water, baking powder and the remaining oil together to make a firm dough.
4. Make very thin 12 rounds with the dough. Each round should be 4-5 inch in diameter.
5. Put the minced chicken mixture in the centre of each of the rounds in such a way that the rounds can wrap it.
6. Wrap the rounds and seal at the sides.
7. Prepare the steamer with water, coat the perforated surface of the steamer with a little vegetable oil, place the wraps and cover the lid.
8. Steam for tentatively 10 minutes.
9. Remove the lid and take out the momos.
10. Serve hot immediately with everyday chicken stock added salt and spring onions with it.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.