Chicken (boneless small pieces from leg) – 250 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 4 tbsp
Ginger (minced) – 2 tbs
Tomato (sliced) – 1
Green capsicum (cubed) – 1 (small)
Green chilli (minced) – 2 or 3
Non-hot flavored big fat red chillies (diagonally chopped) – 1 or 2
Black pepper (crushed) – 0.5 tsp
White pepper (crushed) – 0.5 tsp
Dark soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Red wine vinegar – 1 tbsp
Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Water – 0.5 cup
Salt and sugar – to taste
1. Drain water from chicken and soak to dry with paper towel.
2. Heat the wok, keep the wok at high heat and add all the oil to it.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger. Stir fry quickly.
4. Immediately add all the vegetable ingredients to wok and stir fry quickly.
5. Add salt, black pepper, white pepper and sugar and continue stir frying.
6. Add the chicken pieces and continue quick stir.
7. Add the vinegar followed by the soy sauce and again stir fry enough so that the chicken is cooked.
8. Reduce to medium heat and add water and corn flour.
9. Stir to mix well.
10. Adjust the seasoning if required and again increase to high heat and quickly stir.
11. Remove from heat when the sauce mixture slightly thickens.
12. Dish out and serve hot immediately with steamed rice or any lightly flavoured pepper-based fried rice.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.