Chicken leg meat (boneless small cube cut) – 200 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Spring Onion (minced) – 3 tbsp
Green chili (minced) – 2 tbsp
Onion (petal cut) – 0.75 cup
Green capsicum (julienne cut) – 0.75 cup
Stir-fry sauce (I used the Nestlé Maggi product; it can be prepared at home also – main ingredients being ginger, garlic, soy sauce, cider vinegar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, rice wine, sugar and water) – 3 tsp
Rice wine (I used the Sing Cheung’s product) – 1.5 tsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tsp
Egg white – 1
Corn flour – 1 tsp
Black pepper (crushed) – 0.5 tsp
Castor sugar – to taste
Salt – to taste
Vegetable oil – sufficient for deep frying the chicken
1. Drain water from the chicken, add corn flour, egg white, 1 tsp of vegetable oil and mix. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the chicken pieces until light brown and keep aside on a paper towel.
4. Remove the oil from the wok keeping tentatively 3 tbsp of oil in wok.
5. Add the garlic and green chili to it. Stir fry until the garlic is slightly brownish and aroma comes out.
6. Add capsicum and onion. Stir fry.
7. Add salt and black pepper to the wok followed by the chicken and stir fry quickly.
8. Add stir-fry sauce and soy sauce to the wok and toss well so that the sauces mix well and coat the chicken evenly.
9. Taste the seasoning and add sugar and salt accordingly. Stir and toss to mix well.
10. Add the rice wine and spring onion to wok and mix well quickly on high heat. Adjust the seasoning if required.
11. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.