Bhetki or Basa (boneless cubes) – 350 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 1.5 tbsp
Ginger (peeled and sliced) – 0.5 inch
Onion (petal cut) – 0.5 cup
Paprika sauce – 1 tsp
Honey – 1 tsp
Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
Chinese rice wine – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 3 tsp
Baking powder – 0.5 tsp
Egg white – 1
Vegetable oil – 6 tsp and sufficient for deep frying fish
Salt – to taste
1. Drain water from the fish, add the corn flour, 1 tsp of vegetable oil, egg white, a little salt and baking powder to it and mix well. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the fish pieces until golden brown and keep aside (can be kept on a paper towel to soak the extra oil in it).
4. Keep tentatively 5 tsp of oil in the wok and remove the remaining oil from it.
5. Heat the oil and add the ginger to it. Stir fry until it turns slight golden and aroma comes out.
6. Reduce the heat to medium and add garlic. Stir fry until aroma of garlic comes out.
7. Add onions and stir fry until onion petals turn slightly soft.
8. Add paprika sauce, honey, vinegar and wine and mix well.
9. Taste the sauce mixture and adjust salt, and stir to mix quickly.
10. Add the fish and stir fry so that the sauce mixture coats the fish pieces. Increase the heat to high again and toss quickly to mix well.
11. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.