Medium sized prawns (heads removed and deveined) – 20
Ginger juice (extracted squeezing ginger paste) – 0.5 tbsp
Garlic juice (extracted squeezing garlic paste) – 0.5 tbsp
Green capsicum (square cut) – 20 pieces
Onion (petal cut) – 40 pieces
Paprika sauce – 1 tsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tsp
Oyster sauce – 1 tsp
White pepper (crushed) – 0.5 tsp
Black pepper (crushed) – 0.75 tsp
Castor sugar – to taste
Salt – to taste
Vegetable oil – 1 or 2 tbsp
1. Drain water from the prawns and keep in a bowl.
2. Add the capsicum and onion pieces to the bowl.
3. Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix with hand.
4. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
5. Take four bamboo skewers which were kept in water for at least an hour.
6. Mix the prawns mixture with hand once again and fit the prawn, capsicum and onion pieces to each skewer in the the order as below –
In this fashion, add 5 sets in each of the four skewers.
7. Grill the sets.
8. Garnish with black pepper, lime juice and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.