Medium sized prawn (deveined, heads removed and preferably with tails kept) – 400 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Dry red chilli (chopped) – 2 or 3
Hoisin sauce – 3 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Black pepper – 0.5 tsp
White vinegar – 1 tsp
Chinese cooking wine – 0.75 tsp
Peanut oil – 3 tbsp
Salt and sugar – to taste
1. Drain water from the prawn and keep aside.
2. Heat the wok, keep the wok at high heat and add all the oil to it.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, black pepper and dry chillis. Stir fry quickly.
4. When the garlic is slightly fried, add hoisin sauce a soy sauce to wok and stir fry quickly for some time until the aroma comes out.
5. Add salt, sugar and continue stir frying. Taste the seasoning and adjust if required.
6. Add the prawns and quick stir quickly so that the sauce mixture coats the prawns. Finish with wine vinegar.
7. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.