Mutton (thin boneless slices) – 400 gm
Water – as per need
Red wine vinegar – 0.5 cup
Tomato sauce – 0.5 cup
Barbecue sauce – 4 tbsp
Garlic paste – 1.5 tbsp
Red chili powder – 3 tbsp
Black pepper (crushed) – 2 tbsp
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Onions (cut into long thin pieces) – 3.5 cups
Green chili (diagonally chopped) – 0.5 cup
Black pepper (crushed) – 1 tsp
Vegetables oil – 2 tbsp
Salt & sugar – to taste
Tomato (cut into halves) – 2
Potato (cut into halves) – 2
Red wine vinegar – 1 tsp
Onion (round slice cut) – 2
Cucumber (lengthwise cut into 4) – 2
Carrot (lengthwise cut into 4) – 1
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients with the mutton pieces and keep in refrigerator for 8 hours.
2. Boil the potatoes and keep aside.
3. Coat each of the mutton pieces with the marinade mixture and barbecue on grill. When all pieces are done, keep the pieces aside and keep the remaining marinade mixture aside.
Barbecuing should make the mutton cooked and edible. If not, then in a pressure cooker, take the mutton and the remaining marinade mixture together, add some water and cook the mutton on pressure to make it soft enough to eat. After done, keep the pieces and the marinade mixture separately.
4. In a non-sticking frying pan, heat the oil for tossing.
5. Add the onion and stir fry until slightly soft.
6. Add the green chilis, black pepper and seasoning. Saute for tentatively 1 minute. Remove from heat.
7. Take a large plate and prepare the garnish with the ingredients mentioned. The cutting styles can be changed based on choice of individuals.
8. For accompaniment, take the tomato and potato halves and with a knife make small slits upto half of the depths of the pieces. Take red wine vinegar and pour to the slits of the pieces in equal shares tentatively. Barbecue the pieces and place suitably on the plate.
9. The plate is ready. Now on one oven, take one pan, add the separately kept marinade mixture and some water (water may not be required here if the mutton is cooked in pressure cooker). Mix well and keep on medium heat. Adjust seasoning if required. Simultaneously, on the other oven, place the frying pan containing the stir fried onion and chili. Add the mutton pieces to this pan.
10. Increase the heat of both the ovens to high. The marinade mixture will start boiling and thicken. Meanwhile, toss the mutton with the onion and chili quickly.
11. Remove both the pans from heat.
12. Place the mutton pieces linearly on the plate. Put the tossed onion and chili equally shared with each piece.
13. Pour the hot marinade mixture equally on each of the pieces.
14. Serve hot immediately with pea, cashew and raisin based fried rice or any other fried rice with mild flavor of choice.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.