Chicken (boneless cubes from leg meat) – 200 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Onion (petal cut) – 0.75 cup
Ginger juice – 0.5 tsp
Green chili (chopped) – 2 tbsp
Red & yellow bell pepper (petal or cube cut) – 0.25 cup each
Spring onion (chopped) – 3 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 4 tsp
Apple cider vinegar – 1.25 tsp
White vinegar – 0.5 tsp
Red wine – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 2 tsp
Baking powder – 0.5 tsp
Egg white – 1
Vegetable oil – sufficient for deep frying chicken
Black pepper – 0.75 tsp
Salt & sugar – to taste
1. Drain water from the chicken, add the corn flour, 1 tsp of vegetable oil, egg white, black pepper and baking powder to it and mix well. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the chicken pieces until light brown and keep aside (can be kept on a paper towel to soak the extra oil in it).
4. Keep tentatively 4 tbsp of oil in the wok and remove the remaining oil from it.
5. Heat the oil and add the garlic and ginger juice to it. Stir fry until garlic turns slight golden.
6. Add bell peppers, onions, green chilis and black pepper. Stir fry quickly.
7. Reduce the heat and quickly add the dark soy sauce, vinegar and red wine. Stir quickly to mix well.
8. Taste the sauce mixture, add & adjust salt and sugar. Stir to mix quickly.
9. Add the chicken followed by 2 tbsp of spring onion and stir fry so that the sauce mixture coats the chicken pieces. Increase the heat to high again and toss quickly to mix well.
10. Remove from heat, add the remaining spring onion for garnishing and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.