Chicken (boneless cubes from leg meat) – 250 gm
Lime juice – 3.5 tsp
Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Green chili (chopped) – 2 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 0.5 tsp
Honey – 1.25 tsp
Red chili powder – 1.5 tsp
Corn flour – 4 tsp
Egg white – 0.5
Vegetable oil – 1 tsp and sufficient for pan frying chicken
Chicken broth – 1.5 cup
Salt & sugar – to taste
1. Drain water from the chicken, add 1.5 tsp of corn flour, 1 tsp of vegetable oil, the egg white, chili powder, 0.5 tsp of honey, 1 sprig of coriander leaves smashed, 0.5 tsp of lime juice and salt to it and mix well. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl, take the chicken broth and add the remaining lime juice, the soy sauce, the remaining honey, salt and the remaining corn flour to it. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Take sufficient oil in wok. Once the oil is hot, pan fry the chicken pieces until medium brown and keep aside (can be kept on a paper towel to soak the extra oil in it).
4. Keep tentatively 2 tbsp of oil in the wok and remove the remaining oil from it.
5. Heat the oil and add the garlic to it. Stir fry until garlic turns slight golden and aroma comes out. Add the green chilis and stir fry quickly. Add the chicken followed by 1 sprig of coriander leave and stir fry quickly.
6. Reduce the heat and quickly add the broth mixture. Stir quickly.
7. Taste the broth and adjust the seasoning by adding salt and sugar as required. Stir to mix quickly.
8. Increase the heat to high again and stir quickly to mix well and let the broth thicken slightly.
9. Remove from heat, garnish with the remaining sprig of coriander leaves and a piece of lime. Serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.