Singaporean or any standard Egg Noodles (tan mien) – 400 gm
Long Green chili (slitted) – 5 or 6
Garlic (small cube cut) – 2.5 tbsp
Spring onion (chopped) – 3 tbsp
Chicken (julienne cut) or any other meat of choice like lamb/duck/pork/beef/prawn – 150 gm
Dark soy sauce – 3 tsp
Balsamic vinegar – 1.5 tsp
Red wine vinegar – 1.5 tsp
Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
Black pepper – 0.5 tsp
Vegetable oil – 7 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Castor sugar – to taste
1. Boil the noodles in water with 1 tbsp of oil and drain out the water. Mix another 1 tbsp of oil with the noodles and keep aside.
2. Wash the chicken and drain the water.
3. Heat the wok at high heat and add 5 tbsp of oil. Add the chicken to it and stir fry.
4. Add garlic and stir fry. Then add 2 tbsp of spring onion, chilis, black pepper and stir fry.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar to wok. Stir to mix well.
6. Taste the seasoning and add salt and sugar accordingly and mix well.
7. Add the boiled noodles to wok and stir fry on high heat. Mix the sauce with the noodles evenly.
8. Remove from heat, spread the remaining spring onion on it and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.